Planning to start a Home Business? The world of business is driven by money, Ideas and creativity. While money is important for many a projects, there are a number of home business ideas which are quite profitable and require little to no money to initiate.
Starting a home business is easy when you have the right market, the right product and the right price. Before you starting thinking ahead, do your research. Try to find out – what all services are missing in your local area. It is a great way of checking out what can sell well. Any business related to food, children, education, clothes and health perform better because people want the best there is. Others like making cakes, content writing and internet marketing are not everyone’s daily requirement, so lag behind. Choosing the right home business idea is the most important thing. This could mean success or failure so choose wisely.
Given below are some of the Home Business Ideas which have been proven to be quite successful over the time.
Home Business Ideas
- Home Tuition – Use your drawing room for a few hours only on weekdays to start a local tuition center at home. Define the classes and subjects you will teach along with a time and a simple banner will bring to you children from homes nearby. The advantage of this business is – it requires no investment at all. Finding customers is easy and you get recurring payments. Start with low prices to let people try your services. Here it is important to work on your teaching skills, so if you have no prior experience, make yourself familiar with basic teaching techniques – the tutorials are available on the internet – just search and learn.
- Hobby Classes – A lot of parents want their kids to be creative and learn various hobbies. If you know about music, dance, musical instruments, clay modeling, pottery, sculpting, art and craft, then you can start hobby classes at your home. You will need a room for a few hours and a banner which will let people know what classes you are offering and the timings. The key to success is happiness. The more fun environment you create in your class, the better. Kids will learn new things and go back happy, and that will keep parents satisfied and bring in more kids.
- Home Parlor – Starting a home parlor requires some training (which you can get from a local institute) and some investment in terms of beauty products, salon equipment, etc. When you have it all ready, put the banner on your front door and start by offering very low prices. Keep your clients happy. These ladies will bring in more if you just know how to compliment them. Always maintain your customer data – with phone numbers you can share new services and exclusive offers on whatsapp and keep your counters ringing.
- Sell Cosmetics – To start a cosmetics business from home you can join one of the many cosmetics brands offering multilevel marketing and good earning on recurring sales to its members. Oriflame and Amway are well known brands where you can join as a member and start selling cosmetics from home. For every sale you will get good commissions. They also provide training to new members to help them get started. Of course you will need a small amount to start.
- Creche / Day Care – If you love kids, have a spare room and have a lot of families with both parents working in your neighborhood then consider opening a creche or day care center. This will required a child safe environment, toys, facilities and amenities which will require some investment, but this business has great potential. You need no specialized skills to start your business and the payments are recurring. Of course like any other business you will need to plan and work out things so that every child gets due attention and care. Keep your center neat and clean, have potable water and A clean child friendly play area. Let people try your services for a day or two for free and give it your best effort.
- Playschool – Starting a playschool is a great idea if you own a big house and can spare 3-4 rooms and use some open area permanently for playschool. There are 2 options – start on your own or get a play school franchise from numerous well known brands which will charge a franchise fee, royalty on sales but will help you in setting up and with marketing. You will also need to recruit Nursery Trained Teachers and maids to take care of kids. The initial investment will be between 5-10 Lakhs and it will take 2-3 years to reach profitable numbers. But once it is up and running, you will be minting money.
- Boutique – Have a flair for designing clothes? Have an eye for detail? Have knowledge of dress materials and stitching techniques? If the answer to all these questions is yes, then you can start your own Boutique or even launch your own designer label – straight from home! Prepare your showbook with all the ideas and pictures for clients. To get your first few clients charge minimal tailoring charges. When the dress is ready let your clients try it – Click stunning pics and get customer reviews recorded on mobile. Share with family and friends to get more clients.
- Tiffin Service – Most people prefer home cooked meals over fast food. There are a lot of people who are either single or stay away from home for work, education, etc. For them having a delicious hygienic home cooked meal is a dream. If you love to cook and like to get complimented for your cooking then start a home cooked meals – Tiffin service for your neighborhood. Get a banner in place, define a menu, work out per plate cost, monthly package and find a boy to deliver it to offices nearby for a small fee. Ask for references, give a free trial meal, keep adding the phone numbers and market on whatsapp.
- Making Chocolates – Assorted hand made chocolates are a delicacy. These make perfect gifts and are quite expensive. So, with the cakes and hand made candles, which are not available everywhere. If you have have the will to learn, you can search online for tutorials on making a variety of Chocolates using different ingredients. Try a few recipes, find the ones that get best reviews from family/friends and try to better them. Explore the market for some decent packing and define the prices/quantity. Offer your products on whatsapp to all you know and in the vicinity. Allow people to taste samples before they buy and put in a stall outside your home during festivities. You can try the same method for starting a home business for Cakes/Candles or do that simultaneously.
- Astrology / Numerology / Reiki – For starting a career in these streams you will need to do the requisite course and then offer these services from home. You will need a website and good internet marketing to market your business online. Well established professionals in Astrology / Numerology / Reiki charge thousands for a few minutes of consultation. However this business is a long shot. It may take years to take off, so not on our prime list of home based business.
- Aerobics/Meditation/ Yoga Classes – Health and Fitness is the new age mantra. If you have a room to spare in your house and free time early in morning and evening then you may consider starting a yoga and meditation center. You will need to learn before you teach, so join some program and start your business. Define working hours, age groups, sex, define the services and monthly / yearly fees. Offer discounts for new members, offer referral schemes, build your customer base. You will require yoga mats / meditation asanas and a music system to play music during aerobics / discourses before and after meditation sessions. Free guided meditation sessions are available on internet and can be used with ease.
- Online Store / Internet Business – Start selling things which you can source at a low price directly from manufactures or sell things you can make on your own online. Above we discussed how you can start a business making chocolates. candles and cakes; these can be sold through your online store as well. Another way is to sell on Amazon/Flipkart. For starting your own internet business / store you will need to research well on it. Prepare a complete plan – what will you sell, from where will you get it, who will be your target audience, what will be the prices, mode of delivery etc. in great detail. Next, define a budget for building your website and marketing. If you go for Amazon/Flipkart you will get a ready marketing platform and there will be no need to have own web store. But Amazon/Flipkart will charge a fee on every sale, reducing your profitability.
- Content Writing – If you possess creative writing skills and can create original, interesting and involving content then you can start a content writing business from home. Work as a free lancer for digital marketing agencies and create compelling content that will help the business owner websites get top search ranks. To do this you will need to proficient using computer, you should understand how to make any content interesting and then get in touch with agencies, show some work and start getting business from them. This may take time to settle.
- Reviews – You could choose to have your own reviews website and share your views on hotels/places/products/services reaching out to people and making money via Google Adsense. Create creative videos for everything and analyze every pros and cons about things to get attention from site visitors. Be different, be genuine and share the links across all social networks to get maximum views. When people visit your website and click on Google Ads, you will get paid by Google. It depends on your site traffic and keyword value what you get paid, so research well before you start.
- Digital Marketing Agency – Start your Internet marketing agency from home and offer website designing, SEO, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing services, etc. This is a great options for those with experience in similar fields. You will need to understand and learn the technicalities involved in building a website and complete online marketing campaigns and offer these services via your own website and reach out to new customers by attaining top search ranks. It is challenging, but quite rewarding and yes – It’s Possible!
- Job Consultancy – If you have good contact with companies in your areas then start a job consultancy business. You will need to contact the HR personnel and list your placement agency with the company and sign the agreement. Next you will need to follow up with the companies on their requirements and create an account on Naukri /Monster to reach out to prospective candidates. Shortlist clients on phone interview and then fix an interview with the HR team directly. Get paid when the candidate is selected.
Planning for Home Business
- Define your Business Plan – What have you decided to do? How you plan to do it? Where to get the stuff? How to reach the customers? What will you offer and what will be the prices? These are but a few things that will need your thought. These pointers will be the stepping stones to your soon to be Home Business.
- Plan your Budget – Business is all about money, so when you start, you start with planning how well you are going to invest your money in your business. Analyze everything, take suggestions, opinions and check what best you can manage within your budget. Define initial coat of setting up the business and then monthly running cost. Define the number of customers you will need to get your total return on investment and the numbers which will deliver profits. Define the service/product prices that will make your business profitable sooner.
- Develop Your Skills – Understand your business requirements and client expectations and start working on your skills. Presentation and communication skills are crucial to any business. How you talk to your clients, how well you can convince them about your products and services is all about you. If they are sold on you, they will buy your products or services. It is as simple as that. Presentation is an art and you will need to learn to present your products and services in the best way possible – they should be appealing and available at the right price. There are numerous free online tutorials and videos which can help and guide you in your quest.
- Define Marketing Strategy – Most local businesses need little more than a banner and word of mouth to spread the word, but if you wish to target customers outside your neighborhood then you need a website and a Google Listing. If you have competition in the area, you need a sound marketing strategy which needs to be better and cost effective at the same time. Collect customer reviews, share customer reviews, create new and compelling offers, attract old and new customers by offering one a while deals.
- Need for Determination and Patience – Not every business is successful. Most businesses – even big ones close in first 5 years. The key to success is to stay determined to make it work – no matter what. Learn, evolve and adapt is the mantra. If things do not work, find the reason and overcome them. What you can’t overcome, find a way around. Nothing should stop you from striving to reach your goals. Be prepared for tough times and have patience to watch it pass. All good things take their time.
Make Home Business Successful
The most important factor for any business is customers. More customers means more business – more profits. Now, to reach more customers there are a number of ways. Internet is a new information highway where every one searches for products and services. According to latest statistics more than 60% of all business is now happening via the Internet, so this is something that can not be ignored.
To make your business successful, you need to have an excellent web presence. For this you will need:
- Website – Go for a dynamic, responsive website which has excellent customization options and uses latest technology.
- Google Listing – A well created and managed Google Listing can keep your business on top search ranks. Here you can ask customers to add reviews so that others can see and feel confident dealing with you.
- Social Media Marketing – Your business can reach more people if it has presence on all major networks.
- Presentation and Video – Audio visual presentations work great on ranks and bring new customers all year round.
- Share Offers and Deals – Use whatsapp and email marketing sites for sending new offers to prospective customers.
While all Online marketing strategy is crucial to business, you may choose to outsource it to get expert driven campaign that delivers results and that too without being expensive. At Digital Marketing Services India we understand the challenges faced by home business entrepreneurs and offer reliable and result oriented Digital Marketing Campaigns that bring your business on top ranks and get you new customers with ease.
We offer end to end digital marketing services like – Dynamic responsive websites, google listing creation and management services, SEO, Social Networking, videos and presentations for extended reach. We do all of this at very little cost, so you can concentrate on your core business. No matter what home business you choose to start, we can power your dreams to success.
Ready to add customers to your Home Business?? Call 9899379529 for Home Business – Digital Marketing Plans.